Procedure for establishing the fact of marriage in CrimeaIt is necessary to distinguish between the establishment of the fact of marriage and the state registration of marriage with the issuance of a marriage certificate.
The procedure for the recognition (legalization) of a marriage concluded in Crimea after 20.02.2014 consists of three main stages:
- 1 Contacting the registry office to obtain an updated marriage certificate and obtain a certificate of the appropriate sample and receive a written refusal due to the fact that such an entry is not in the register;
- 2 Submission of an application to the court for the establishment of the fact of marriage in a special procedure;
- 3 Registration of marriage in the registry office on the basis of a court decision that established the fact of marriage and obtaining a Ukrainian-style marriage certificate.
Obtaining a refusal to issue a certificate at the registry officeIt is necessary to apply to any registry office on the territory of Ukraine with a Crimean marriage certificate and with a written application for receiving an updated marriage certificate and obtaining a certificate of the appropriate sample and receiving a written refusal due to the fact that such an entry is not in the register. After receiving, the original written response of the registry office with a refusal must be attached to the application to the court.
Submission of an application for establishing the fact of marriage to a courtThe establishment of legally significant facts is provided for in Art. 315 Code of Civil Procedure of Ukraine as a special procedure.
The application must be accompanied by a receipt for payment of the court fee in the amount of 0.2 of the minimum subsistence level for able-bodied persons, now this amount is 420.40 UAH.
You also need to attach:
- 1 Copies of spouses passports;
- 2 Copies of identification codes.
- 3 Crimean marriage certificate.
- 4 Birth certificate of children if there are children;
- 5 The original answer of the Civil Registry Office refusing to issue a certificate.
Registration at the registry office and obtaining a marriage certificateTo register a marriage, the fact of the conclusion of which the court has established, you need to contact the registry office and register the marriage on the basis of a court decision and obtain a Ukrainian-style marriage certificate.
A court decision on establishing the fact of state registration of a civil status act is the basis for the renewal of a civil status act in the department of state registration of civil status acts at the place of its initial compilation, except for the case of keeping the record on the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine.
Dissolution of Crimean marriage in UkraineIf it is necessary to dissolve a marriage concluded in Crimea after 20.02.2014, then this can be done in a judicial proceeding, having previously established the jurisdiction of the case in one of the courts on the territory of Ukraine. The procedure for divorce in court is described in our article "Divorce through the court".
However, if your marriage was not legalized in Ukraine, you must first go through the procedure for establishing the fact of marriage in Crimea, register the marriage and obtain a Ukrainian-style marriage certificate.
If you need help in recognizing or dissolving a marriage concluded in Crimea, you can order a complete divorce case or a separate statement of claim through our website - by phone or through the service order form https://www.yurdopomoga.com.ua.
Будем рады помочь.
Quick order of divorce