For a divorce in Ukraine, it is necessary for the relevant authorized body to make a decision (court, article 105 of the Family Code of Ukraine) or draw up an act of termination of the marriage (registry office, article 106 of the Family Code of Ukraine).
Which government agency will dissolve your marriage depends on several conditions, consider these conditions below.
Conditions for divorce in the registry officeWhat is needed for a divorce in Ukraine in the registry office:
- 1 The spouses do not have joint minor children;
- 2 Both spouses agree that the marriage must be terminated;
- 3 Both spouses are willing to personally attend the filing of a registry office and divorce; and they will be in Ukraine on the appointed dates.
In some other rare cases, the dissolution of the marriage also occurs in the registry office:
- ✔ After recognizing one of the spouses is missing;
- ✔ The second spouse is declared incapable by the court;
- ✔ The second spouse is serving a sentence in prison;
- ✔ Other cases.
Conditions for divorce in courtWhat is needed for a divorce in Ukraine in court is one of the following conditions or all of these conditions:
- 1 There are minor children from marriage;
- 2 One of the spouses does not agree to divorce or does not want to participate in the dissolution of the marriage in the registry office;
- 3 The location of the second spouse is unknown or he does not support communication.
How to make a claim for divorce and its content is described in our article How to write a statement of claim for divorce
Opening a divorce case in court provides for consideration of the following issues if they are included in the claims:
- ✔ of alimony;
- ✔ determination of the place of residence of children;
- ✔ property division;
- ✔ the order of communication of the child with the second parent and his relatives;
- ✔ other related issues.
In general, the conduct of a divorce case may be difficult enough for an unprepared person. In this case, you can ask for help from lawyers who have experience in dealing with Family Law.
You can order a turnkey marriage dissolution or separately prepare a claim, submit it, on our website https://www.yurdopomoga.com.ua.